Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just adapted a red zebra and noticed she is holding. I setup a 10 gallon with sponge filter and heater yesterday but not sure how much time I have before I should move her because the owner didn't even know. I put little more than 1/2 the water from my cycled tank but the sponge filter is brand new. What should I do? this is my first time with fry.

·
Registered
464 Posts
When I filled up a 20 with cycled water and a new filter, i had no issues whatsoever.. so i think you should be fine.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
What did she spawn with?

If you don't know, the fry could very well be hybrids. Your call what to do with these, but if I didn't know if the fry were pure or not, I'd just let them be eaten.

The water itself doesn't hold that much of the bacteria. Gravel and filters have most of it. My recommendation for starting a fry tank, is to run the filter for the new tank, in the tank with the adults for a week or so.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm almost certain she spawned with a zebra because I also got the male. I wasn't going to strip her. I'd like to put her in the 10 gallon so I don't risk losing her. She's looking a little stressed from the move to my 75 gallon, plus she's holding and not eating a thing.

thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts