Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have 4 Syno Multipunctatus from a 115 I had to get rid of (long story short-growing family). I downgraded to a 55 gallon (4 ft wide). I want to do a lake tangayika tank, but I would like to see some more catfish babies in the future. I have been looking and looking, and I haven't been able to figure out what lake tangayika fish I could use in this tank to act as future Syno host.

Anyone know?

Looking at doing a "Multi" shell dweller community on the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
The synos use mouthbrooders, so you are likely better off using a malawi. It can take years for Multi's to spawn...I bought a group that another hobbyist had for 7 years and they never spawned for him. They did spawn for me, but only 2X over the years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The synos use mouthbrooders, so you are likely better off using a malawi. It can take years for Multi's to spawn...I bought a group that another hobbyist had for 7 years and they never spawned for him. They did spawn for me, but only 2X over the years.
Yeah, I have had these guys for years and they are a very proficient group of breeders. I use to keep Mbuna in the 115, and had many successful spawns. Trying to switch from Malawi to Tang

1 - 3 of 3 Posts