Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I went to the local exotics store today to pick up some hillstream loaches and plecos, and I was so amused by the antics of a feisty little Apisto that I decided to take him home!

He was the only cichlid in the tank (he was mistaken for a Praecox Rainbow somehow), so I tried my best to pick out a female that looked like him from the mixed dwarf cichlid tank nearby.

Alas, he HATES her and I had to move her to another QT tank to save her from being bullied to death (probably why he was in a cichlid-free tank at the store).

Does anyone know what species one or both of these fish belongs to???

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
697 Posts
The larger pink bellied one isn't an apisto at all. It is a pelvicachromis sp. from west africa. I believe a common krib, female. I'm not real good at distiguishing female apistos, but I think the other is a female A. agassizii.

·
Registered
243 Posts
adam79 said:
The larger pink bellied one isn't an apisto at all. It is a pelvicachromis sp. from west africa. I believe a common krib, female. I'm not real good at distiguishing female apistos, but I think the other is a female A. agassizii.
Totally agree. Definitely a Krib.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Get that apisto out of there now! She's moments away from death... That krib is sending her some strong signals in those pics...

Oops, just reread your post and I see she was saved. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts