Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an online breeder has this hap for sale and i havent seen any info in the profile section about it.. does anyone know anything about this nice looking hap? thinkin bout gettin a few to get a male

·
Registered
114 Posts
i have a male in my all-male peacock/hap tank. he isn't fully colored up yet but he is pretty cool. i couldn't find any info on them either.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My LFS is getting some of these tomorrow and I would like to read up on them. Were you able to find any info on them?

They look a lot like a Protomelas to me, wonder if they are part of that family...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have one but he isn't fully grown yet. About 3-4 inches long. He's really mellow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got one that was supposed to be male but i think its a female.. the fins arent pointy and it had no color.. i gave it to my brother in law for his mixed tank.. i have way to many fish so i stopped trying to get more fish.. i have thin out my male mixed tank.. and this fish wasnt really mellow

·
Registered
114 Posts
mine has a little yellow on the tips of it's fins. i will have to look & see if the fins are pointy.

i have a sulphurhead that was sold to me as a male & he acted like a male (chasing & bulling). recently i caught him (her) with an egg chute down, doing the dirty dance with my blue dolphin. i have an all-male tank & things are pretty mellow with the female in there (so far).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts