Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with two plecos and two cichlids in my tank plants dont stay in any place long unless anchored.

i found that using cut peice of filter foam and poking a whole in it lets me put a bundle of anacharis into the substrate without it moving much. its also soft so it wont pinch the stocks, absorbs substrate enough that when the sponge does poke out its not readily spoted. and best of all when i pull the plants out to trim and clean the tank they stay in a nice easy to replant bunch.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great idea for single stem plants that need to be planted in bunches!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
We have lots of different grades of limestone here in my area and I'm finding it handy to look for some that comes apart in thin layers. If you drill holes in a rock made up of these thin layers, you can then split the layers and have handy little "washers" of limestone for putting plants through. If I try to split the rock and drill the thin layers, they break too easy. Drill first, then split. With a layer of limestone for weight and a layer of foam to hold the plant stems, they stay put and I don't worry about the limestone getting exposed. Even my most bully fish can't move these far!

·
Registered
75 Posts
lol I had some anacharis in my tank for a couple days. Then I just had stems. The venustrus picked em clean. No need to anchor these for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts