Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my 48 gallon bow front....

I am def. going to get a new background as the one on it is U-G-L-Y. I guess the rest looks okay. Nothing like some of the tanks I've seen here, but I am happy with it so far. I think some black slate/granite would really look a lot better than the caribsea base rock, but I'll work with what I have for now :)

G

·
That's a nice set up but where's all the fish!? I only see three!

Anyway what do you plan on putting in there? Haps? Mbuna? Vics? Tangs?

~Ed

Edit:
The background isn't that bad. I think it suits the rocks and gravel rather well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are only two yellow labs in there as of now. The tank has only been up for a few weeks, so I am taking it slow. :)

I plan to have other mbunas in there....cant wait!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Looks nice….Good job…. :thumb:

BTW your yellow labs… aren’t quite yellow labs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CICHLUDED said:
Looks nice….Good job…. :thumb:

BTW your yellow labs… aren’t quite yellow labs

Thanks...

Then what are they? :-?

They look like some pics I've seen...the black stripe in the fins are just coming along and not really noticeable in the pics.

What type of cichlid are they? LOL

·
Registered
976 Posts
Lighthouse84 said:
...the black stripe in the fins are just coming along and not really noticeable in the pics.
The lack of the black stripe is why I was questioning their purity…

In your pics they appear to be around 1 ½â€

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are probably hybrids or something since they came from petsmart. They have very faint black lines (more like dots) along their dorsal fins. I'll try to get some better pics soon :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
well what size are they first cichluded said 1.5 inch but it may be decieving depending on the size of the tank.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Looks good-nice decor. The background appears fine to me. Not over-crowded, clear water... All seems fine to me. Some more fish would be good as well. 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts