Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new but have had a cichlid tank for many years. I'm mostly a salt water aquarist. I've added a pic.of it. We quarantine our salt water fish before being introduced to a tank and if they get sick. So I've done the same with these. I did a water change and cleaned the gravel and Fluval external filter. It was about half of a 55 gallon tank. I have many cichlids in it. Some haps, mabunas, and the rest. Any idea what is wrong with it? I've tested the water and it tests good. I do my saltwater tanks once a week and do this one at the same time. It is just hanging out. It even let me hold it yesterday while cleaning the tank. The rest swim away very fast. Is there something I can add to her tea pot to help her? Prime or some antibacterial? Thanks and if you need any more info please don't hesitate to ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
dakotanut said:
I'm new but have had a cichlid tank for many years. I'm mostly a salt water aquarist. I've added a pic.of it. We quarantine our salt water fish before being introduced to a tank and if they get sick. So I've done the same with these. I did a water change and cleaned the gravel and Fluval external filter. It was about half of a 55 gallon tank. I have many cichlids in it. Some haps, mabunas, and the rest. Any idea what is wrong with it? I've tested the water and it tests good. I do my saltwater tanks once a week and do this one at the same time. It is just hanging out. It even let me hold it yesterday while cleaning the tank. The rest swim away very fast. Is there something I can add to her tea pot to help her? Prime or some antibacterial? Thanks and if you need any more info please don't hesitate to ask.
Why is the fish in a tea pot? Is there any circulation? Aeration? Filtration? Your fish is living in it's own excretions. I think I would not be doing so good either under similar conditions.

·
Super Moderator
40,499 Posts
It's a good idea to quarantine a sick fish but a 10G rectangle aquarium with filtration and heat would be a good minimum. Please provide the test results with liquid reagent testers for pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was temporary. We moved it to a big tank and it did well. We treated it for fin rot and now it's back in the big tank with the rest of our cichlids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts