6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
36g bow front

started by painting the back black

filling

carpet padding to deaden the tetra whisper pump

installed for bubble wall

as it is tonight

i have 1 beta that will be going to my gf's house when i get my cichlids in another week or 2.

a few shots using my htc evo and vignette camera

·
Registered
623 Posts
very cool, i like what you did with that air pump, i gave up using them due to their annoying buzz. Thats a very tropical tank, looks like a paradise. what are you going to stock

·
Registered
211 Posts
i hate those air pumps. i had one i tried everything to quiet it even took it apart. took it back to the store and got a rena air 400 for my 90gallon cant even hear it. nice decorations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just bought an oscar today. not sure what kind of cich's i'll get.

here is a short vid of the whisper pump in the shelf. cant hear it at all when the door is shut.

thanks for the comments. i wanted to go with something different....i like i achieved it! 8)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Best ask for advice or read up in the profiles section on what cichlids to put in your tank. It's pretty small for many cichlids, Oscars being one of them, but there are options. Looks like a fun tank.

·
Registered
73 Posts
IMO that setup is good for smaller comunity fish, guppys,tetras etc.. no places for cichlids to hide from aggresors AND that tank is way to small for an oscar alone.. oscars grow real fast..

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Your tank is too small for an Oscar or even most cichlids, unless they are a dwarf variety.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.