Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue Vertebrate Water Organism Fin
So this is a first for me, I have a red zebra who has been holding since the 5th at the earliest the 9th at the latest. So if I'm right about the 5th then tomorrow will be 21 days. Anyways I removed her to an isolation tank waaaay to early. I have two water heaters in her 10 gallon and it's still not getting to be the temperature I like to keep my main tank at which is 79-80 degrees f. Her isolation tank has been at 77.3 or so. Will she hold longer if the temperature is too low? Any advice on raising the fry and how long I should keep her with fry to gain strength before she goes back in the main tank. And should I rehome her? I think the babies are hybrid. 馃槗

Super Moderator
What will you do with the hybrid fry? Do you want to think about putting the mom back in the main tank so she can spit in that tank?

78 degrees is fine...I would lower the other tanks.

Remove the mom the day after she spits or she will eat them. Raise them in a 20G Long until they are 2 inches and they will probably need their own 55G thereafter. Feed 4X daily crushed up adult food. Change 50% of the water daily.

Reactions: Rockfella

Registered
WOW! Congos!!!

Registered
1 - 6 of 6 Posts