Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent big money at the local nursery. Got 100lbs. of assorted river rock for $1.48. The cashier rang it up twice, looked at me and asked if that sounded right. They're obviously used to dealing with larger orders. hehehe

The shells aren't in it yet because 4 of my 8 brichardi were hiding in the shells so they all got moved to the 20 gallon species tank. Hopefully today I'll be able to account for all the brichardi and get the shells back out and into the 29.

Anyway, here's an overall shot:

Here's one with a young transcriptus and what I had believed was my missing calvus/comp. He showed up when I took all the rocks out. Apparently he'd been hiding from the brichardi.

It took a good while to get the rocks to all be stable and still have access to the power head w/ sponge filter in the back right. But they're pretty good now, I don't think I'll have any problems.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That's a lotta rock in a small space! Nicely done!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I also went to my local stone center..but here in Northern VA, 107lbs of river rock cost me $6.46 for 5 large boulders. Nice tank.

·
Registered
464 Posts
$1.48 for 100 pounds? :eek: I pay .29 a lb

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah, well, I know our rock prices go up with size, and these were 20lb boulders. Still not huge, but bigger than what I think you have in your tank. Either way, Northern VA is a high dollar area, guess cuz we are 30 miles from DC, and our elected officials make da bucks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm going to my landscaping place holy cow!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts