Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tank is cycled (with the platies in the video; they are getting removed fromt he tank)
It has 2 juvenille angels in it now, but I am thinking about taking 1 back, since it is so jumpy, and i know that Angels will eventually fight a lot.

here is what I want to add.
-1 (or maybe 2) German Blue ram males
-4 Peppered Corys
-6 Rummynose tetras

Where I live, Rams are SO SO SOOOO uncommon, so I would need to get them soon before some one else did.

The case is similar with Rummy noses. We never get them out here, and the price is really good!

If you think I am pushing it, then let me know what I should take out, or not purchase. However, I think the Rams might litterally be once in a lifetime. and I love the color on this Angel I got in the video, so i don't think he is going back either.

…

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Tell me if that works. I am planning on taking the black on back :/

And actually my new plan is for 1 Angel, 2 German Blue Rams, and a few Corys. I think that would make a very beautiful tank, but tell me if you disagree

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! But no I am not :( I don't have the room for any babies, and no one out here will buy them. Same with my lfs. They wont take them either :/ if they are two males, then they will fight, and two females, would be a little less aggressive but still fight. So I am just taking one back, and getting 2 rams. And I also might add a small school of 1.5 inch tetras.

So my new stocking would be:
-1 Veiltail Angel
-2 Rams
-4 peppered corys (idk if they need to school though, so maybe just 2?)
-and possibly a small school (6-8) flame tetras.

The angel would be the centerpiece, and it would stay near the mid/top. The tetras would give the middle, some life, and color. Corys are funny little fish. They'd give the bottom some fun. And the Rams would give the bottom a little more color! :)
but I know that is a lot of fish for a 29, but Rams are SOOOOO rare out here, and if I got a bredding pair, I could make big bucks for my area! :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
actually angels aren't tht aggressive if there two female they most likely will not fight. i have a tank with 6 angels and they don't fight at all.

but if you decide to go with tht good luck. its a pretty great feeling when you get your fish to breed then you get to watch babies grow. :thumb:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha, if only I had some buyers out here :/

My pH is near 6.5, and the tempurature is 82'. I need to get a hardness test, so see how soft it is. If it is soft enough, then I will get those two rams! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts