Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too many babies, and babies having babies. All is well but many little ones must be removed. Pretty but unfortunately hybrids and the others dont pick them off. Too bad there is no room for a Pike. :D

....Bill

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I like your overstocked tank. I'm surprised the female jd is going nuts for those fry. Love other stock too. I need to get some hrps.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not really that overstocked except for all the babies growing out. I just cant get myself to flush them. And now the two larger baies have spawned and are guarding fry.

I have had most of them over 2 years and they grew up together. They flare at each other and chase away but never any serious fighting.

...Bill

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Always a fun tank to watch the interaction.

Just the big male is an HRP. The mom is a Con and the babies are hybrids. Pretty but still hybrids.

The Mom Con killed the female HRP and stole her mate :(

....Bill

·
Registered
982 Posts
MonteSS said:
Its not really that overstocked except for all the babies growing out. I just cant get myself to flush them. And now the two larger baies have spawned and are guarding fry.

I have had most of them over 2 years and they grew up together. They flare at each other and chase away but never any serious fighting.

...Bill
I would have a hard time flushing them too. Maybe sell or give them away?

I have never had any luck w/ solving aggression problems by over stocking, because an aggressive CA is just going to pick off one tank mate at a time. Some people claim they have had success though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.