Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all.
in 2 weeks time im gettin my new tank as i move into my new house. its a 6x2x2 and i believe i have almost everything i need to finish it off. just wondering if i could get some input and thoughts to the equiptment im using and the fish plans.

!!!New Tank!!!
Tank size: 6x2x2
Filter: Fluval FX5
Heaters: Twin Aqua one 300w (australia doesnt get dramatically cold)
Lighting: Standard 4' light off current tank til can afford a 6'
Substrate: Getting crushed coral very soon
Air: Brand new dual outlet air pump with 2x 90cm air pipes

i currently have a breeding pair of red devils, thats it... but i wish to increase the amount of fish i have in the tank. thinking of putting in 1x Texas Cichlid, 1x Jack Dempsey, 1or2x Large Plecos, and possibly a red scat ... keep in mind my devils are only 10-12cm ... not fully grown but quite agressive, i keep them seperated with a tank divider.

is there anything else i need or should put into the tank equipment wise, and what are your thoughts on the adding of extra fish?? please keep in mind *** only had fish for 7 months so im still learning, am willing to listen to all constructive criticism..

thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
you might want another filter to go with the tank. A fx5 is great but will have several dead spots in a 6 ft tank. well atleast mine did.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just organised a nice size sponge filter from someone on a local cichlid forum... and 3 bags of cichlid sand instead of the crushed coral ... 3 bags of sand + large sponge filter = $20 :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also just looking around, would 3 or 4 clown loaches go well with the devils, texas, JD and plecos? *** read they do a good job at cleaning the fish ... or would my tank hold to many agressive fish to keep loaches?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts