Cichlid Fish Forum banner

My New Tank Setup w/pics

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Cromak 
Really nice!!

But it's going to be a pain when you need to move the rocks to clean underneath them.

Cromak said:
I'm going to paint my intake tubes on my Eheim with Satin Black Krylon Fusion paint and let it cure.. I've heard of many people having great success doing so without the paint breaking down..

This should help hide that ugly green.. Especially since i will be adding another Eheim intake tube off to the left side i want to hide it as much as possible.

Anyone have success painting tubes inside their tank and keeping them submerged?
You can paint it and it'll be fine....use krylon plastic. I painted a spraybar for my FX5 and I'm letting it cure for a good week / 2 weeks.

You might look into a Eheim universal install kit if you don't want to paint. I have a 2217 with their spraybar and intake universal kit. Both are a smoke gray color and the spraybar has 3 sections that are independently adjustable and the intake has 3 sections too so you can adjust the height.

Cromak said:
Thanks for that information, that's exactly what i will do then because the issue i have now is the intake tube is just a tad to high since the 90 is so tall and i can't lower it closer to the sand.

I will google for the kit and probably order two of them.

EDIT: where did you get yours from? I found a few online but am not sure they are for the 2217.. They are $35 each for the intake tube and spray bar.
I bought mine from that site thats a rain forest. The kits are pretty pricey but I couldnt stand the green intake / spraybars I saw in pictures when I was looking at buying the 2217.

For the intake (suction) you need the size 0.65, for the output / spraybar (pressure) you need the size 0.50.

Cromak said:
Can you horizontally mount your spraybar the width of the tank like mine currently is setup? I was looking at the spray bars and it seems you can't.. Take a look at my pictures, you will see my spray bar in the upper right hand corner.. I want to make sure i can mount this one the same way.
Yes you can...thats how I have the Eheim spraybar mounted in my 90 gallon too but on the left side. The piece that the spraybar attaches too swivels so you can move it anyway you want. You mount the main piece on the back of the tank like you would any spraybar then you turn the spraybar 90 degrees towards the side wall...if that makes sense. :D

Im not at my house but Im at my Moms and I also bought the universal kit for her 2217 too. I cant swing it a full 90 degrees since the tank is only 12" deep but you get the idea.

Cromak said:
I found them on ebay for 35 plus $6 shipping, so nevermind unless they are cheaper somewhere else :lol:
Thats almost exactly what I paid too. I bought mine from somewhere else only because they shipped from Texas so it'd take 1 day to get to me since Im also in Texas. Im VEEEEERY impatient. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.