Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not posted on here in a while.

Anyway, my tank got a wee Xmas make over this year, went from a gravel and plant tank to sand and rock.

Previously had Severums and Parrots, have now switched to Africans.

In there we have some holey rock, some previously marine live rock (treated and cleaned up) and some coral sand as well as some bit of bogwood.

Fish currently;
2 Yellow Labs
2 That for the life of me I cannot remember the name of (both are juvi, currently yellow with darkish stripes down them. The guy at the LFS said when fully grown the female will turn blue whilst the male stays yellow.... any ideas?)
1 Common Pleco
2 Skunk Loaches.

Not sure I am entirely happy just yet... any ideas on any improvement I could make? I don't want to overload with rock as I want plenty of space but I feel it is lacking something, other than a couple more fish.

Oh it has a black back ground at the moment although I am tempted to make my own, that could be on the agenda.

Tips welcome :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, good to know. Dude in the LFS failed to tell me that one......

Since they are all juvi at the moment, any chance they can all grow and get on?

If not, I will get it sorted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So yeah, after reading up about the Kenyi, I reckon they will be getting returned to the LFS very shortly.

Many thanks for that dielikemoviestars.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good call on taking those back to the store, better to take care of it before it becomes a problem. So many people just wait for a problem before doing something so kudos lol.

For your decor I've got an idea. Go to granite rock and look at the "pot rocks" which are just lava rock with lots of great holes and cave like deals going on with them. They always have them, always. Go look at those and pick a nice tall centerpiece to put in the middle of the tank and position everything else around it almost just like you have it. I love the look of your tank as it is, but I will admit it could use something tall to make it look more complete. You will probably spend 10 bucks on it if that and you won't be sorry. I went myself recently and had a field day.

You could also just go full monty, a driftwood stump type of deal would look fantastic in that tank too, but I suggest the rock because it's a great opportunity to get a great cave in there and it's cheaper/easier.

If you want I can take a pic of the one's I picked up and post them here if you're curious. Congratulations on the new setup, as I said it looks great. I love the clean and simple look to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts