Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up my 20g long this week and got it ready for some Pearly Ocellatus. They arrived today and have already taken over their new tank. Lots of fun to watch.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
8) They sure look like a quality fish in a quality set up. :thumb:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Great pics and great tank decor. They are a fun fish to watch. Enjoy.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.

Eric_S, I notice in your sig you have tetras with yours. How do they fair?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Super cheap! Nice!

Let me know if/when you get some fry from those pearlies? I'll PM you :)

EDIT: I had thought I'd already sent you one - looks like I have. Whoops

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice pics. of nice fish in a nice tank, nice.
Had looked into getting a couple of these fish, mights start looking again, very nice, love the background as well, job well done :thumb: :popcorn:
:fish:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The fight for supremacy in the tank is on going. Last night the runt of the tank claimed the majority of the tank. Today he's be ejected from his seat as king of the hill and the fight ensues over who gets what shell. It is mostly display and strutting/chasing but every once and a while there's some circling and mouth locking.

I love how they just hang in there territories and flare up. So far no fish has been forced to a top corner so I'll see how it plays out.

In my youth I kept some convicts. I think these little buggers may out fight them ounce for ounce.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm jealous !! I've been looking for these fish for a 40 gal I'm working on setting up. If I can't find them local I'll get them mail order when the weather gets a little better for shipping

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I gave up driving around town and calling fish stores. Even with the price of shipping it became worth my while to just phone in my orders and have the fish dropped off at my doorstep. Of course it doesn't help I drive a car that gets about 12mpg :?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts