Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I bought my first pair of convicts. Hopefully, I'll have my first batch of cichlid fry ever in the next few weeks :D

My female = Kairi

My male = Sora (I don't have many photos of him yet because Kairi chases him behind the filter)

·
Registered
38 Posts
nice looking convicts i had a pair in college. they breed fairly easily...just need some slate and warm water. :)

good luck with them they are fun.

:thumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
i studied beer guzzling and linguistics...but had to get a job.

my uncle used to raise koi on farms and got me started young...

he's gone now but i try to keep the legacy alive ...convicts are cool just do your water changes bi weekly ...i remember them being kinda dirty.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. I've been doing mine 1-2 times a week because my pleco is just pooping a ridiculous amount.

·
Registered
38 Posts
those are really pretty fish.

i've never personally been a big fan of the pleco. i always like spending a little more on say: an albino cat or some sort of cat fish that has whiskers/personality and does the vacuuming too.

i have some research to do but again kudos on your new venture and be prepared to trade in tons' o' fry for fish food/lights etc...hehe the journey begins.

sincerely, jason

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shmity72 said:
those are really pretty fish.

i've never personally been a big fan of the pleco. i always like spending a little more on say: an albino cat or some sort of cat fish that has whiskers/personality and does the vacuuming too.

i have some research to do but again kudos on your new venture and be prepared to trade in tons' o' fry for fish food/lights etc...hehe the journey begins.

sincerely, jason
I've always loved plecos. All the ones I've had have had some strong personalities and are just fun to watch. Never had a cat fish tho. I've heard that they are too hard to keep alive.

And thanks lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts