Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that most of you veterans have seen plenty of these post..but here is another one. I am a newbie and I love the activity, the color, the social characteristics of Africian Chiclids. I am doing as much research as I can....because these fish cant just be thrown in with any other fish. I am the proud owner of a pittbull and prior to purchasing one...I read 4 books on them to educate myself to the breed and how to maintain a happy, healthy dog who is social with other dogs people and kids. I know there is plenty of negative opinions so I am not trying to bring up pitties in a fish forum. What I am trying to do is use the same mentality in making sure I have happy and healthy fish, who interact, and not kill or harass a other fish in the tank. So...in my research online..which is abundent with alot of opinions..I see that certain factors play a part in the happiness of your tank. I get the whole male to female ratio and am leaning more towards an all male tank. I would prefer Mbuna as they seem to be what I am more in favor of but a close second is an all male hap peacock tank, but I am concerned as I only have a 60 gallon. I have 90 gallon filter and the tank is cycling currently fishless. My questions are all male tank w Mbuna since it is a 60 gallon, thinking yellow lab, mbama, red top, bumblebee, red zebra, kenyi, dasani, cobalt blues, Johanni. I like alot of these and I know I cant house them all....but i love the coloration and the personality of each. I do have a picture of my tank...and would like to post it...but I couldnt figure out how to link it in this post. If I could send to someones email....to critique...I would greatly appreciate it...I feel as if I have created hiding places...but I think there may not be enough true rock forms in the tank in looking at other Mbuna setups...please advise and also on a group of fish that could fit in my tank that posses great color and fun to watch. As I am new to this and seeking out the experts.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated

Rocco [/img]

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome :)
Go and post your stock list in the lake malawi section - the best help is there :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.