Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today I start a new aquarium with a couple of burundi´s (I need to find some more adult females). Here are the pics.

The aquarium is 130x45x50 cm and the filtration is provided by an Eheim 2260.

Cheers,
Diogo

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi again,

Here are some more pics...

What do you think about the aquascape and about their companions??!! They´re 6 Trophues kiriza.

Cheers,
Diogo

·
Registered
108 Posts
Love your tank and the pics of your fish. Sorry I am not qualified to make comments on the tank mates but I am sure that someone will come along shortly who will. :thumb:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Some more news!!!

Today I manage to get 8 Frontosas burundi juveniles and semi-adult female. The kiriza will definately left because they are a stress cause for the Frontosas.

here is a video of the new guys...

And a vídeo of the Altolamprologus compressiceps "Gold Kasanga", that are starting to get some color...

By the way let me just say that I tried to put a couple of the Altos in the frontosas aquarium and what happened was a strange behaviour. They imediately start chasing the little guys. Do you think this is normal?

Cheers,
Diogo

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Yesterday I manage to get another Frontosa .They´re now 2 adults, 2 semi-adults and 8 juvenils.

The new inhabitant...

Juvenils...

The big male...

The adult female

And a vídeo...

Cheers,
Diogo

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Just one and a half month after entering the aquarium today the burundi couple spaw...

I´m considering taking the eggs out. What do you guys think?
Here are some pics of the juveniles...

And the full layout know with some more rocks and plants...

Abraço,
Diogo

·
Registered
619 Posts
I love your aquascape. I like the low cave work. :thumb:

Your burundi have excellent color too :thumb: Nice and blue. I cant wait for my burundi to get as large as your adults. :D

Oh, congrats on the spawn too !!!

Not sure what size tank you have (dimentions in inches) but for a colony of fronts you might want to go bigger. It looked like a 4 foot tank in a couple of the pics (but pics can be decieving ). If its just a 4 foot tank i would get a six foot long tank , put the adults and sub adults in it and use the smaller one for a grow out tank for the 8 small juvies. If you leave all those growing fish in a tank thats too small you will run into problems quickly. If your tank is six foot then ignore all i just said, i just wanted to let you know incase its a 75 gallon size tank...

CG

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like the aquascape, its awesome. Its looks very comfortable maybe thats why your frontosas starting breeding... :lol:
Nice burundis, i like the pics of the juveniles too. Some people like to tumble the eggs and some let them hold. I think you should let them hold and see what happens. That's what I'm gonna do.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Your fish and aquascaping are BEAUTIFUL!

About your eggs... with Burundi, I'd see if she will hold?

Russ

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

Thank you all for the coments. The tank is an 85 gallon one. I really don´t know the measure in inches or foots! What I know is that it´s small for them and I´m planning another one.

For know they are getting along well with no conflicts. I´ll try to sort things out in the near future.

Cheers,
Diogo

·
Registered
191 Posts
Diogo Lopes said:
Hi,

Thank you all for the coments. The tank is an 85 gallon one. I really don´t know the measure in inches or foots! What I know is that it´s small for them and I´m planning another one.

For know they are getting along well with no conflicts. I´ll try to sort things out in the near future.

Cheers,
Diogo
You tank is actually a little more than 75 gallons. Which is far too small. For your group i would at least 180 or 200.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,

I decided to stay only with the juveniles and remove the adult couple. They are getting bigger faster! Here´s a pic of one of the young males...

And also some of the others...

Cheers,
Diogo

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello mate what's ur real name? Its not Antonio Antunes by chance? That would be wierd. My name is Justin Corfield and I went to school at Dhautree 1987 in Jersey channel islands uk.

Take care.

Ps nice Burindi! I wish I could get them that big! It really pees me off I can only get Fry!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi,

karatejo said:
Hello mate what's ur real name? Its not Antonio Antunes by chance? That would be wierd. My name is Justin Corfield and I went to school at Dhautree 1987 in Jersey channel islands uk.
My real name is Diogo!!! :D
Here´s a video of the small burundi (they are with some caudopuntactos and some telmos)...

And another one of the main tank with the juvs eating...

Cheers,
Diogo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts