Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tank looks sweet, i love the rock. One thing I should mention is the crayfish. I had one in my tank with my mbuna, and after a while they realized he wasn't too fast and pecked his eyes out :( he grew'em back with molting, but now resides in his own lil 5g tank.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I had 4 crayfish in there when the tank was still goldfish,.. and when I converted to Cichlids I only kept the crayfish in there for 1 day and took them out,... I did not want to loose any cichlids , these crayfish were way bigger than the fish and would kill them off at night if I left them in,... so I took them to the local fish store and traded them in for more malawis 8)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Awesome tank, thanks for posting the pictures!
Love the aquascaping with the coral and shells. -Gives it a very interesting look; makes it stand out!
:thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YES !! I love the salt water look and style,, and the malawi Cichlids have very bright and beautiful colors and also the way they behave they remind me of saltwater fish,... :)

I had a salt water setup a few years ago and quit those in 2006 and had all that sand crushed coral and live rock left over, so I used it all in this tank :)

2day I just bought 3 Demasoni and 2 Electric Blue Johannis :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts