Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rescued this 1.5" Demasoni today from my LFS (Poor camera phone pic I'm afraid!)
Was being beaten up big style by the other 8 Dems in the small 7-8 Gal tank, part floating on it's side in one corner.
Told the guy that I would take it for nothing as it would die if left in the tank and that they wouldn't get any money for it anyway (plus it doesn't look good to have it in their tank.)
They did give it to me in the end for free (they're listed at £8.50 each, about $17.)
As you can see it has no tail and a gash on its left side in the middle.
It also only has stumps for pectorl fins and a ripped dorsal fin.

Didn't really need any more Dems but couldn't watch that one being killed in that tank.
It's now in a holding tank with some other juvie mbuna and seems to have picked up a bit.

I wish fish stores would look over their fish more and do a bit of swapping about if necessary.
Found 4 other tanks with dead Mbuna in them probably from fighting in the small tanks.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
F8LBITEva said:
poor little guy! Treat him with some MELAFIX, it works great to repair fins and fighting scars.
...and name him "Lucky" :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thats nice. Hope he heals well. Show pictures when he`s better.

·
Registered
162 Posts
good work am pretty new to fish and malawi but already love them and would do the same!

Only thing i need now is another tank :lol:

Misses she say no though :-?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wonderful deed! I love my demasoni also. I hate seeing that at any pet store where it either be a dog, a cat, or a fish in an environment where they are not taken care of, it just terribly upsets me. :fish:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts