Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do u all think about this list so far i just have a few hap picked out tank isent hear yet. just wanna know if im on the right track.

haps

copadichromis azureus

cyrtocara moorii

protomelas kirkii

tramitichromis intermedius

otopharynx brooks

i know sum of these fish are kinda big but if im on the right track how many more fish may i add the tank is 6feet long 18inc wide. keep in mind i would like too add sum peacocks i think. also this will me a all male set up

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Many people have both peacocks and haps in an all-male tank because it's easier to find a handful of peacocks and a handful of haps that all look different from one another (otherwise fighting is likely to result).

·
Super Moderator
40,487 Posts
I'm a newbie at hap combinations. I think azureus, moorii and tramitichromis are good. But don't the kirkii and the brooksi look like solid pale blue fish and therefore a little too much like the moorii?

It's hard to tell with the kirkii. You might have trouble finding those two so before you are locked in make sure you see them on the list of the vendor you have selected.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
nwtwoTHEworld said:
is a Rift Lake Aquarium a combo of hap peacocks and mbuna is i do this can i do all male???
A rift lake aquarium is a tank that has fish from any of the rift lakes.

Mixing Haps, Peacocks and Mbuna can be done, but you have to be very careful in the species you select. Mostly the mbuna should be smaller, and less aggressive species. The Haps and Peacocks larger and more robust species.

If you are just beginning, it is best to keep things simple, avoiding more challenging combinations. Once you've kept the fish for a couple of years, then try stretching boundries a bit further.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Fogelhund said:
nwtwoTHEworld said:
is a Rift Lake Aquarium a combo of hap peacocks and mbuna is i do this can i do all male???
A rift lake aquarium is a tank that has fish from any of the rift lakes.

Mixing Haps, Peacocks and Mbuna can be done, but you have to be very careful in the species you select. Mostly the mbuna should be smaller, and less aggressive species. The Haps and Peacocks larger and more robust species.

If you are just beginning, it is best to keep things simple, avoiding more challenging combinations. Once you've kept the fish for a couple of years, then try stretching boundries a bit further.
Well put. =D>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts