Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 year old aquarium 6ftX3ftX3ft with all cichlids. It has been aquascaped with rocks and have no problems with it in general. I have attached a pic of the injured fish. All the fishes were lively and active in the morning and i was shocked to see this fish in this state in the afternoon.

I have been feeding them with puffed rice and Optimum fish fiid 385 CRUDE protein.

please have a look at the photo and help.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Is that fish still alive?
Looks like he's been beaten up pretty good. I'm currently having a similar problem with the same kind of fish. Did you move him?

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
The red marks look like septicemia, this fish may not recover. API makes a medication called Fin and Body Cure that claims to cure septicemia if you want to try something.

The fish has lost most of it's fins...it does look like some of the issue here is injuries caused by other fish.

·
Registered
114 Posts
DJRansome said:
The red marks look like septicemia, this fish may not recover. API makes a medication called Fin and Body Cure that claims to cure septicemia if you want to try something.

The fish has lost most of it's fins...it does look like some of the issue here is injuries caused by other fish.
Agree. Looks like septicemia. I have used fin and body cure, but not on a fish that's this far gone. It worked pretty well for me. Maybe give it a try. Also, don't feed em puffed rice. It is very poor nutritionally, and it doesn't have much fiber. If you want to feed them "non-fish food" then try cucumbers, raw sushi nori, carrots, zucchini, and a whole lot of other things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.