Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75G tank
stocklist----- 18 Demasoni, 6 yellow labs, 8 yellow fin acei, 3 labeotropheus fuelleborni, small catfish, 1 pleco

Normally as soon as the light comes on there all out and about a few mins later ready to eat. today they were still all hiding and sleeping and wouldn't eat which I've never seen before. they picked at it but haven't devoured it like normal. I scooped the extra food out. upon checking the PH i noticed it was about 7.8 so i add some baking soda and epsom salt to raise it back to the normal 8-8.2 that it normally is. a couple of them were at the top so i added an extra bubblier and opened the air flow to the power head so that's shooting bubbles everywhere as well. the powerhead is pointed up so there is a lot of surface irritation. The demasoni and labs have been in the tank for seceral weeks but the acei were added tues and the fuelleborni were added on wed. all these fish are juvies the largest being 2.5'' at best. I use a ehiem 2217 to filter the tank the temp is 78F. I'm going to test the nitrite ammonia and nitrate now and i will post that in a few mins. please let me know anything else i can do or what might be the problem.
This tanks normally full of life with stuff going on everywhere!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok here it goes. Ammonia- 1PPM Nitrite- OPPM Nitrate- 40PPM.

I treated the tank with API's ammo lock- ammonia detoxifier.

I'm guessing that could be causing the fish to stress and hide. Could it be anything else? I'm going to give them some spinach to snack on and then leave them be for the rest of the day. Hopefully tomorrow they'll be just fine and eating. Please let me know any thoughts you have! :fish:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts