Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to add a synodontis decorus to my tank as I wanted something a little different. I only have a group of 6 Demasoni and 4 yellow Labs. I did start with about 14 demos but I'm left with a male who is king and 5 females all regularly breeding. I have a few questions about my new cat fish.
Will he/she be ok by themselves? Or should I add another. I'm aware they grow big so at some stage will shift him into a larger tank. Right now he is about 3-4inchez.

Will my new catfish be ok grazing on the left over NLS pellets or should I drop something in separate for him?

I have some sinking algea pellets, will he eat these?

Thanks for your help. BTW he is stunning

·
Super Moderator
40,386 Posts
This is a river catfish, not from Lake Malawi. He will grow to 12.5" and does not like light so he will hide except when feeding. I think he is better as the only catfish.

IME Synodontis do fine on the regular African cichlid food.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The synodontis should do fine on cichlid pellets. Just make sure from time to time that it doesn't have a sunken belly. If this occurs, you will have to get creative with supplementing it to make sure it gets enough food. An upside down flowerpot with a hole only the catfish can get into is a good way of doing this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts