Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have always had fish, but just plain old community fish. One day I got tired of it and said you know what, I have always wanted a cichlid tank. I caught all of the community fish, donated them to a local pet store and picked up some cool cichlids. Its been a month or so now, the tank has been re-decorated, the fish are settled and at home, all the water specs have leveled out and we're up and running. What are your thoughts?

It's only a 20 Gallon, and I love all the rockwork in there, and its pretty sturdy bot not glued together or anything like that. I just fear it may tumble over if the fish start screwing with it too much, although those rocks weigh like 50 times what one of those tiny fish do, so maybe I worry too much?

Anyway, here is the tank, what do y'all think?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Nice looking tank but you will need a larger tank for Mbuna African cichlids for them to thrive. 55g is usually the minium, longer being better. In smaller tanks aggression becomes an issue. As far as the rocks, I would only be worried about the rocks falling and hitting the glass, not crushing the fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts