Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

i am gettin my first tank which will be strictly planned out for what i want rather than taking the existing decore an filling it with water

it is a 180 gallon tank on a oak stand what i have planned for it is 6 kigoma frontosa and a l226 pleco

im going to get this sand blasting sand that is black and some shale rocks which i will be smoothing off after looking at this site i am inspired to make my own caves with ceramic which i thing will be very fun im looking for any thoughts or advice yall might have for me

when i get the tank ill list what gear there is and i will make a photo journal so you all can see

have a great day

chef james

·
Registered
65 Posts
chefjamesscott said:
im going to get this sand blasting sand that is black
I've heard and read from multiple sources on here and other places, that blasting sand is not necessarily a good option. There is no guarantee it is inert/aquarium safe and can be quite sharp, but people do have success with it.

-chef kevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i will have to check that out i can see how that would be a thought to consider thinking what it is meant for

here is www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j-zlmigIv4 a post of one of my fish videos i did

you can just look at all my vids there by clicking thename

thanks for the input

1 - 3 of 3 Posts