Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally decided to take all my africans back to the LFS and buy an oscar =), *** had the little guy (around 2.5 inch) for about 3 hours now and in love already, he practically begged me to take him home from the store. Oh his name is Alpine =)

and *** also got some baby Barramundi in this 45g as well but they will be moved out to my 100g when they reach about 2 inches and then to my 300g at 6 inches =) barramundi can grow up to about 5'10" but these will be dinner before then xD

·
Registered
161 Posts
cute little albino...I have a baby red myself

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
F*HGINDN!!! i came home today and half of his tailfin is missing! i automatically suspect the baby barra and got rid of them, but could bristlenose's do that to him?? i have 2 in there biggest is about 2.5 inches

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its only been 2 days and i can already notice some fin growing back, i was so shocked. i hope this little fella recovers, i get so attached to the fish that get bullied. and i cant wait to see what he looks like as an adult do you think it will look good? or is there no real way to tell, thanks (thefishguy) for all the help.
also im not sure if we have melafix i could always have a look i suppose

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
found a new tank for my oscar one of my friends doesnt want his 220g anymore here is a pic
question is i wont be able to pick it up for about 1 - 2 months should i get some more small oscar's now or wait untill i get the new tank set up then buy new oscars

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I bought my Oscar, he was about 2-3 inches long and he grew to about 12 inches. I had him for 7 years. He was so much fun. I put a ball in the tank for him to play with. He would always get excited when we came in the front door. I never mixed him with other fish and did not put anything on the bottom of the tank. It was so much easier to clean by scooping up the droppings with a net. Good Luck with your new friend.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts