Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from my first fishie auction, hosted by the Northeast council of aquarium societies. I left after 3 hours and they were still nowhere near done with auctioning fish. I picked up some good stuff! I got a beautiful corydoras approuaguensis, which I googled when I got home and apparently it's pretty rare. At 2" long it's a nice contrast next to my pygmy cories haha. I also got 3 glo-light rasboras to keep my scissortails company. And last I picked up a BREEDING PAIR OF FIRE RED APISTOGRAMMA AGASSIZIIS! I was so excited when they brought them up for auction that I held my bidders card up until I won lol ($32 later). They are so peaceful, the male looks to be full grown at about 2", he seems to have a little bit of an eye deformity :?. The female is much smaller and less colorful but both are so pretty!

Just wanted to share the excitement with you guys, you think I got a deal???

:fish:

·
Registered
291 Posts
definitely a good deal on the apistos. I bought the same pair at my LFS and they set me back 90 bucks. They are just so pretty though. I know I spent a little too much but I liek to support my LFS as I am now working there. But I mean how gorgeous are the Fire Reds??? even the female is beautiful!! congrats on the pick up!!! I want to see pics!!!

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ebjdftw said:
definitely a good deal on the apistos. I bought the same pair at my LFS and they set me back 90 bucks. They are just so pretty though. I know I spent a little too much but I liek to support my LFS as I am now working there. But I mean how gorgeous are the Fire Reds??? even the female is beautiful!! congrats on the pick up!!! I want to see pics!!!
I'll be sure to post pics in a couple days once they get settled in, they seem shy and they are both hiding in a driftwood cave right now. My rams were bossing them around a little so it may be a few days before they come out of hiding :( Wow $90??? I've seen the cacatouides for $60 a pair but I've never seen fire reds in any store in this area. I'm not sure if the male has a case of pop eye or just a small deformity, I'm gonna treat it just in case.

·
Registered
291 Posts
yeah my LFS rarely gets apistos in so i jumped at the chance to get a really awesome looking pair. and i got to observe them for a little bit and talk about them with all the staff. they said after i bought them 2 other people came in looking to buy them, so im glad i bought them when i did.

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ebjdftw said:
yeah my LFS rarely gets apistos in so i jumped at the chance to get a really awesome looking pair. and i got to observe them for a little bit and talk about them with all the staff. they said after i bought them 2 other people came in looking to buy them, so im glad i bought them when i did.
Good thing you jumped on it! I saw some really cool black hatchetfish at a vendor table today and I took my time thinking about it and when I decided I wanted them, 2 min later they were gone :( You gotta jump on these things lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts