Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm excited. I've only had my brichardi about 6 weeks and tonight noticed the first fry. I started with 8 (all siblings) and 7 are still alive. The father is the best looking of the bunch but the mom doesn't have that great of markings unfortunately. Hopefully he'll set up shop with one of the nicer looking females. Here's a short video of the fry:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=226649327345253

·
Registered
169 Posts
Awesome, congratz!!! How big are your Brichardi's? I'm waiting for mine to breed.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick, My male is probably 1 3/4" and the female 1 1/4" or so. I only had them about 6 weeks before they spawned so I was really surprised because I didn't think they were old enough yet.

What's even more surprising is that I still have 7 adults left. There are 3 that are involved in raising the fry (2 female & 1 male) and the other 4 aren't allowed close, but the parents haven't killed them off yet.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick, mine are in a 20gallon long. I'll probably move them into a 30 gallon at some point, but for right now, they're doing fine and seem more than happy where they are. As a bonus, this tank is right in front of my wall-mounted TV so it's really easy to view.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts