Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I share what I had done as my first background for my 55 gallon. Though I like the look of the natural rocks better and I wanted to try something different. I feel it turned out alright but would do a few things different next time.

I plan on adding real rocks to the center area to create more caves and quite a few plants. The plants you see there now are the one my cichlids keep ripping out so I doubt I will be using them again. Also I was thinking of adding some small pieces of driftwood.

Once I get some fish, plants and the rest of the decor I will take some more pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I was looking for a little advice on the types of plants I could use within the background. On both sides of the background I have included areas for plants. The standing structure has a long spot in the roof and the other has 2 spots at the base. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions that would compliment the tank nicely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just scored myself a few pieces of nice driftwood and some rocks to complete my tank. Hopefully after I add them it will make the tank look better and just not too cluttered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.