Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I joined this forum in'03. I had a120Gl (peacock/hap), a 55 MBUNA, and a 20 long grow out tank. After a few years my Wife wanted to change the carpet. I took down all the tanks, gave the fish to a local fish store and sold the tanks. Then I made a 12GL KOI pond in the back yard. Well we moved into a new house and now I'm starting over with a 75GL (male peacock and hap tank with yellow labs and white tail acei). Here's a couple pics. Stock list is:

1 NGARA Flame Tail (gorgeous)
4 White tail Acei
5 Yellow labs
5 Synodontis Multipunctatus

On Tuesday I will be getting:

1 LWANDA
1 Ruby red
1 Lemon Jake
1 Turkis
1 OB peacock
1 Fryeri "Ice berg"
1 Bristle nose pleco

I'm on this board every day and thanks to you guy's, every day I learn some thing new. I'm new to live plants, so hopefully I can keep them alive. Thank you

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That should be 1200 GL KOI pond

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I really like the way you've arranged the two piles of rocks on the side...and that peacock is stunning!!!

I'll be following this thread closely if you provide updates because I'm considering a similar stock list.

Just wondering why you have your heater on display like that?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like the way you've arranged the two piles of rocks on the side...and that peacock is stunning!!!
Thank you. I think the two rock piles will work really well for the Mbuna and leave plenty of room for the Peacocks. I know the plants and driftwood do not occur naturally in their habitat but I love the look of them. As far as the Flame tail goes, I got him from Atlantis Tropical Fish Hatchery (Site sponsor).

Just wondering why you have your heater on display like that?
Good question. Looking at the pictures it is kind of an eye sore. I was trying to put it horizontal and high so it would be out of most every ones line of sight. I will try to move it higher or maybe I will place it vertically on the left side.

Thank you for the input.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I don't know if you want more feedback about the layout but I would move the large rock in the middle so that it's more off center. I like the piece of driftwood too because of its angle (it points the eye to move in a direction as you look at the tank) but the large rock in the middle creates too much of a break and seems to visually divide the tank in half. Moving the driftwood more off center also might improve things. The peacocks might appreciate the added open sand in the middle too...just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.