Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Framed out the bridge.

Added the valley walls and started detailing.

Finished detailing and added a cave.

3rd coat of drylock

Added a colored coat of drylock.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Even though I'm a person that likes his tanks to look as natural as possible, I have to say...

that is really friggin' cool. :thumb:

Keep the pics coming as you progress.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Guams said:
Even though I'm a person that likes his tanks to look as natural as possible, I have to say...

that is really friggin' cool. :thumb:

Keep the pics coming as you progress.
I agree! It's different than the normal natural style backgrounds...gets the creative juices flowing on ideas. What size tank is that in?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I originally was going for a natural style but I did it this way to create more territories and take up the least water space. Its in a 55 gallon. I made a cave to go on the left side to balance the tank out, but I've realized it would fit in the middle and create a break in the tank which I would like like as well. The cave also has a hole on the back side that the fish would be able to swim through if it was in the middle. Please tell me what you think.

·
Registered
220 Posts
WOW! I'm impressed! I like the cave on the side where you had it before, I think it distracts from the columns . . . but thats just me :)
Overall, very nice!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I ended up putting it on the left side. Drylock is good as is, it itself is a sealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The tank has been up and running for over a year now. It's stocked with 1 livingston, 6 yellow labs, 8 ob zebras, 2 auratus, and 1exasperatus.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
:dancing: :thumb: :dancing: super job and obviously the fish love it

·
Registered
198 Posts
:dancing: you should throw some led's under that bridge light that baby up at night would look ballin with the right color amazing job on that i love it :dancing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts