Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just want to share my demasoni tank, it houses about 2 dozens of 1.5-2" demons. Lately i separated my 6 Tropheus Duboisis from my tang tank baecause of dietary requirements. Since i have no spare tank, i thought of joining them with my demons, and because they kinda share similar food requirements, i thought of giving it a try. So far so good, except for the fact that my dubs are in quite a small number so i would need to add more of them. Any thoughts on this?

This is just a trial, any ugly signs show then ill take out the dubs. I kinda like the concept though of having my favorite cichlids of malawi and tanganyika in one tank

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Very nice looking fish!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I love everything about this thread.. the title, the fish combination and the tank setup. Looks awesome. As you said, just watch them to make sure that the aggression is in check. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Go ahead and try this combo. Get a few more Dubosi. Not sure what you mean about diet differences since these should be exactly the same. they should ignore each other mostly. The Dubosi should get bigger. Hopefully at least a 90 gallon tank?

Like the rubble field of rocks.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Do you have full tank shot? I'm curious about the background--looks pretty cool...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
noki said:
Go ahead and try this combo. Get a few more Dubosi. Not sure what you mean about diet differences since these should be exactly the same. they should ignore each other mostly. The Dubosi should get bigger. Hopefully at least a 90 gallon tank?
ey thanks. oh what i mean about the diet difference is that these dubs used to be housed with other tanganyikans like calvus, leleupi and other neolamps which i believe require higher protein diet. now that they're with the demons, i think i wont have a problem feeding them

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toume said:
Do you have full tank shot? I'm curious about the background--looks pretty cool...
here are fts, it used to house some of my yellow labs and brichardis. now its only the demons and dubs. its has a diy bg, made of styro and cement

·
Registered
38 Posts
very nice tank..

i noticed that you are using the aufwuchs feeder or whatever its called. what kinda food do you put in there?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
taxxara said:
very nice tank..

i noticed that you are using the aufwuchs feeder or whatever its called. what kinda food do you put in there?
Ya i got the idea from here, aufwuchs as mentioned. i stuff in algae wafers on it, they seem to love grazing on it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.