Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Some of my CA cichild comm with aro in 5x2x2.

Regani

Jaguar

Argentea

Severums

Synspila (not sure hybrid or pure as some said is different variant)

Chocolate

Comm Pic

Thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
yeah that Synspilum looks like a hybrid... a beautiful one tho.

very nice fishes, i loved your Argentea!

you use real plants? i tried a couple of times Vallisneria with mines.. but they destroyed them.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Might get a little crowded in a 5x2x2 :wink:

I have a 5x2x2.5 and I'm trying to see those fish fitting in it but can't LOL

Nice fish though...

You could always do some digging to find out where the synspilum came from...

How big are all these fish? The stock in my 5x2x2.5 (185 us gallons) is:

Argentea 7"
breeder nics 8" & 5"
Hatiensis 5"
breeder cutteri
breeder convicts
barred midas 2"
carpintis 2"

I realize I'm eventually going to be removing the midas, carpintis and Haitiensis. I'm hoping you realize that an aro cannot live in a 5x2x2 and your cichlid hierarchy will break down eventually due to lack of space. I don't mean to preach I just want to make sure you've got plans for when things start to fall apart is all... I have 49 other tanks...

Forgot to mention (if you didn't know) that the severum and chocolate are SA cichlids. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you use real plants? i tried a couple of times Vallisneria with mines.. but they destroyed them.

=>Yes real Java Fern. They don't seem to disturb the plant

How big are all these fish? The stock in my 5x2x2 (185 us gallons) is:

=> Argentea 4"
=> Jaguar 8"
=>Regani 5"
=>Synspilum 3.5"
=>Chocolate 4.5"
=>Severums 4.5"

Might need to move out the Severums to make more space.

Thanks for highlighting Chocolate & Severum are SA. I forgot to add that in the title :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
love the jag that last pic is pretty sweet and it looks like u might have one of those banded leprionus or whatever there called is that true or am i just seeing thing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cichlid_kid96 said:
love the jag that last pic is pretty sweet and it looks like u might have one of those banded leprionus or whatever there called is that true or am i just seeing thing
Yup that a 7-8" banded leprionus :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Beautiful fish!!!

I especially love your chocolate cichlid. I raised them 50 years ago until I fell in love with Red Devils (A.labiatus) and have devoted the past 46 years to keeping them and a few RD/Midas, but seeing your Chocolate makes me wonder why I drifted away from my SA cichlids.

Keep your SA!!!!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
TFG:

I would love more tanks, but after three years of cancer surguries and problems, I am ready to hang up the one I have.

I love reading the Cichlid-Forum every morning and evening. So many memories after 60 years of keeping aquariums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts