Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share a couple pics ^^. Would love to know if its a male or female if anyone could tell lol.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. dang i stink at venting lol!
He/She is about 6-7" from head to tail.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MonteSS said:
What a beauty.

...Bill
Thanks.

DDRE00 said:
One of the most beautiful species, but unfortunately quite aggressive. What companions do you have?
He's currently with a smaller firemouth and a bunch of tiger barbs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mlancaster said:
Hi sjwrx,

You have s great looking Argentea. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks,
matt

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have always wanted one of these beautiful fish but have never actually seen one at any of the lfs in the area. I hope to see more pics sometime. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cage623 said:
I have always wanted one of these beautiful fish but have never actually seen one at any of the lfs in the area. I hope to see more pics sometime. Thanks for sharing.
yea they are quite rare here as well. luckily one of them had some. Couldnt resist so i grabbed a couple. Have a few growing out in seperate tanks, the one in the picture outgrew them by far lol.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just picked up two 3 inchers on Wed. and I absolutely love them . I will be going back and getting the last two just to have around for grins . These are by far my fav of all Viejas ! :dancing:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bamboo said:
I just picked up two 3 inchers on Wed. and I absolutely love them . I will be going back and getting the last two just to have around for grins . These are by far my fav of all Viejas ! :dancing:
You would not be disappointed, they are great! :thumb:
I just hope i'd be able to get a breeding pair out of the 5 :lol:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Day three and the juvies are chasing around the Astatheros rostratus group ... I suppose I should devote a tank just for them . ? .
I've noticed some have said you have to wait and vent them to sex them but I do see a big difference in finnage even in my juvies . Perhaps this is unrealiable ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bamboo said:
Day three and the juvies are chasing around the Astatheros rostratus group ... I suppose I should devote a tank just for them . ? .
I've noticed some have said you have to wait and vent them to sex them but I do see a big difference in finnage even in my juvies . Perhaps this is unrealiable ?
Like someone mentioned in a previous post they are quite aggressive.
Finnage isnt an accurate to sex, i've had females with just as long trailers as my males some even longer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmm took a pic of its vent, not the best quality(taken with my iphone)
anyone want to take a shot at venting it? lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nobody hsa an idea? :-?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Great looking argentea.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts