Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 4 months I ve been feeding them New Spectrum 1mm size....they loved it. Because they are getting bigger,I changed to 3mm size.They were eating at the start,but have tappered off to...not going near it.I soak the pellets before they enter the tank..as always.I have always changed the water every 10 days...there is a real wooden root in the tank....is this piece of wood possibly leaching.They still go crazy for krill. Thanks for all the advice in advance...Bryan

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Have you tried going back to the 1mm size NLS? Maybe as a test to see if they will still take that? That is what I have been using for mine since I started using NLS as I didnt see a need to get larger one. This way both little and big can eat from the same jar.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I soak the pellets before they enter the tank
Soaking isn't necessary or even a good idea, as the food can lose nutritional value. It softens more than enough for them when it hits the water. I'd also suggest going back to the smaller pellets. I feed all my cichilds a variety of sizes and have never seen this. Also stop feeding the krill. They may have just developed a preference. The NLS is probably better for them than just feeding krill. There's krill in NLS along with a variety of other things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts