Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the stocking for my 55G long, please tell me honestly what you think cause i have a feeling its going to be a mess. There is a little chasing from the demasoni and the melanochromis but i havn't noticed any nipped fins or fish in corners yet but i know they are still young. BTW all but the labs, demasoni, catfish, and Acei came from the mix tank thats why its so random.

1-Angelic/Eupturis hybrid Synodontis
1-Melanochromis interruptus
1-Melanochromis maingano
1-Pseudotropheus demasoni
3-Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei"
1-Metriaclima callainos
4-Metriaclima estherae: 3-orange (1m:2f), 1-ob (f)
3-Labidochromis caeruleus
3-Labeotropheus fuelleborni/OB cross
1-Taiwan reef Hap

where will i have problems at?? what should i possibly remove??

here is a pic of my tank

·
Registered
509 Posts
You've got some big ones in there (6-7" adults). You'll have to thin the herd as some of those grow or get a bigger tank.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The usual rule is 4 species for a 4 foot tank... Overcrowding mbunas is a common practice however, and not a bad idea, just some species (like the demasoni) don't do well in small numbers and may be aggressive. Although I have never personally kept demasoni so I'm just going by what I read. My suggestion would be to get greater numbers of fish per species, but only get 3-4 species. I'm going through a stocking quest myself!

Hope that helps!

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
I'd remove any fish that matures greater than 6" like the hap. And choose between all-male and mixed genders. Once you make that decision we can make suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts