Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just got into the hobby again recently. My girlfriend and I bought a house so I thought I would bring and setup a fish tank that I had just sitting around. It's a 55 gallon tank with Mbuna, Haps, and Peacocks. The tank has been running for a month and all fish are juveniles. Let me know what you think of my tank such as rock work, stocking, etc. thanks everyone! Stock is:
8 Yellow Labs
7 Yellow Tail Acei
1 Demasoni
4 Electric Blue Hap
2 Venustus
1 Red Empress
1 Lemon Jake Peacock F1
1 Sulphur ahead Peacock
1 Benga Peacock F1

Fish are all juvies right now so I realize I will most likely have to get a bigger tank when they start to grow up. Let me know how it looks though!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
Welcome to Cichlid-forum!

Wow those are some big rocks!

When the fish get to be 3" I would move them to a 72" tank.

I would remove the demasoni and all females. You have so many species...I assume you are going for an all-male tank so remove any duplicates among the haps and peacocks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol nope was not trying for a skyline look. Just wanted to add some large tall rocks because I think it makes the tank look more natural and also breaks some line of sight between fish to help setup territories and hopefully curb aggression. Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Whoa! 7 Acei!? Yep, that tank is going to get small fast. I had one, he got to well over 4", he was my most favorite fish of all time, could pet him like a dog. Nice start!

·
Registered
165 Posts
They're so cute and easy to love at that size. Then they grow up and all heck breaks loose. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.