Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both have an undergravel filter as well as a canister for each. Yes I know the undergravel isnt ideal for africans but an eggcrate keeps them from totally making it useless :p.

Bottom has OB Peacocks, Yellow Tail Acei, and Yellow Labs. The top has just Yellow Labs at the moment but I have 13 White Top Haras in a grow out tank ready to go in when they reach the right size.

I know the rock work in the top tank is far from natural looking, will work on that next cleaning :). The castle is the wife contribution to the tanks so it has to stay (the OB male has made it HIS home anyway).

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK lets try this :) sorry all of the fish were shy today, youd never know there were 30 fish in each tank.

Top tank

Bottom tank

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I like the look of the second one and tell your wife I also like the castle. -It reminds me of something from a Disney movie, haha!

I'm anxious to see how you'll be re-working the rock in the top one.
Have you thought about placing some larger rocks in the tank? -It will make it easier to create a natural look with hiding places. -Just a thought! :thumb:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Although it doesnt look it, alot of the rocks are pretty good size. Most of the red ones in the top tank are between 8 and 12 inches across. Or, do you mean a little thicker? I plan on making a trip back to the rockyard when I get back home I'll keep my eye open for some thicker ones.

Thank you for the advice, I'll definately try it out :)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Jaffy said:
Although it doesnt look it, alot of the rocks are pretty good size. Most of the red ones in the top tank are between 8 and 12 inches across. Or, do you mean a little thicker?
Yes, that's what I meant!

Looking at the first set of pictures I can see the larger red ones you were describing. I'm sure if you angled them differently, it would give the tank a whole different perspective.

-BTW, I can't get over the plants taking over the castle, reminds me of something from "Pandora".
So I have to ask, what type of peacocks are you housing in the second tank?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.