Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 20 gallon fish tank. As you will see, I bought it used and it was really dirty, it came with a Python hose gravel and some decorations that I cleaned and kept and it also came with the small air stone that I'm using in the sump of my current set up. I spent a lot of time cleaning this tank but I think it was worth it. Please look at the before and after. This one is also going to the storage (for now :) ).

Clean!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Excellent job getting that thing squeaky clean, what are you gonna stock it with? Some shell dwellers?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hehe, thanks! I used water, of course, hose it really well outside, razor blades of different sizes and a product called CLR Calcium Lime & Rust Remover that you can find in the cleaning section of any store. I don't use that product in big quantities though. What I usually do is get a cloth and a bucket with water and clean the worst parts first, along with new razor blades. Then, I use that product with another cloth and finally hose it really good. I repeat the steps if necessary. I love doing that, getting tanks that look really bad and cleaned them so that they look like new. It's kinda like restoring a tank or something. I did that with the 54 gallon, too, which is on another topic, that one had dirt and everything because they guy from who I bought it from kept it outside. I wish I could stock it with something, but my GF freaks out every time I tell her about adding another tank. Once the 120 gal is stocked I'm sure she will get excited and I will have a second tank in the house! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts