Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my prior experience was saltwater FOWLR. After sitting empty many years, I have my 125 gallon up and running for 2 months now, slowly stocked with 14 mixed young Malawi fish. I just placed 2 new Kessil lights.

I know I can expect some criticism of several aspects of my setup but it's a mix of objective reading, personal experience, and personal ideas. It will probably keep evolving. I have planted with various easy plants. Filtering is 3 methods: about 400 gph via undergravel filter (powerheads), 400 gph via canister (fluval 406) and 100 gph via wet/dry sump by hang-on overflow, using bioballs, ceramic and coral as sump media for biofiltration and buffering. I have a 29 gallon ATO underneath which is good for 3 weeks of evaporation. Evaporated about 1.5 gallons per day prior to these Kessil lights.

It's annoying my upright picture lies transverse here!

125 pic.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
Huecodoc said:
It's annoying my upright picture lies transverse here!
It shows right side up when I click on it to view it.

No criticism from me, your aquarium is very pretty. You clearly are in touch with your artistic side. :thumb:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Pic self rights when clicked. No criticism here except, it should be in my house. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you get the Kessil Tuna Suns? I went with the Tuna Blues with the spectral controller so I can do clouds, etc. I have 3 A360Xs over a 245G.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nycman said:
Did you get the Kessil Tuna Suns? I went with the Tuna Blues with the spectral controller so I can do clouds, etc. I have 3 A360Xs over a 245G.
Yes, I got the Tuna Suns and a third one would look crappy hitting my tank's wide center brace. I chose the Sun after seeing them side by side with the Tuna Blue in Dallas recently. I'm not too happy with the controller right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts