Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought 2 Black Calvus a few weeks ago and with them I was given shells with anywhere from 3-6 Multis is them. I saw a few of them and figured sure why not. Problem is 2 of them don't have stripes. *** been looking at photo after photo but I cant find any that dont have at least some stripes. They are only about 3/4" or less long and DO have the blue/green eyes and a touch of gold/yellow on the dorsal fin. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of what they are. Weather its just a multi with no stripes YET, or something else that I am yet to find a photo to match it with. or a hybrid i suppose.

I cant seem to get a good pic of the little guys but i'm still trying.

·
Registered
705 Posts
i know my juvies havent quite developed the full stripe pattern. it is coming in slowly however. idk if this is isolated or not. im sure others can help you further.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Some of mine have very faint stripes. I dont know for sure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand that and I'm working on getting a picture of them. I know they dont when they are real real young but every picture I can find of any Multi you can always see at least the beginnings of stripes. extremely faint outlines even. 2-3 of the other fish are the same lines and have all their stripes also. The body color of these 2 are a lighter color too. Im thinking maybe a brevis. But the eyes through me off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
At 3/4 they will start to show some faint stripes. If they are stressed their stripes will fade out making their stripes hard to see

1 - 7 of 7 Posts