Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! I finally upgraded my tank to 420 litres (aprox. 110 gallons)!!! And as I'm such a fan of Metriaclima Msobo Magunga I decided to dedicate the tank to them! I already have 20 juvies in my 80 gallon tank, as my new tank needs to be put in place, and I'm planning to get 20 more juvies! They are all about 1-1.25" and they look so lovely! Now the question: I'm planing of keeping 8 males and 20 females in my 110 gallon tank, is this sounds okey? Is it possible? Or should I adjust male and female ratio? Also, are 28 fishes not too much for 110 gallon tank?

Tank: 110 gallon, (150x50x63 (raised walls)
Filtration: 550gal/h
Temperature: 25.5C

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
This is a 60" tank so 28 mbuna might be pushing it. I like 25 in a 72" tank.

The safest plan for Metriaclima is one male/tank but you are doing the right thing by buying unsexed juveniles. Then just remove males as they mature and cause trouble. If you end up with 8 and they color up and are peaceful, great.

If you were mixing species your ratio would be 1m:4f. So if you even end up with 3 or 4 males you will be doing well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You! Well, I think I'm not gonna mix species and leave this tabk just for Msobos. So I need to try to get 4 females for 1 male still just how it would go in diffrent species tank?

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
The one male for 5 different species would be different so they would not compete.
One male msobo would be OK with a male from Labidochromis, Pseudotropheus, Labeotropheus and Cynotilapia for example.

The most conservative way to stock a species tank for msobo would be1m:19f.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts