Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having need flooring put in the whole house on friday so all the tanks have to come down. Whats the best route to go with this? Unfortunately saving 500 gallons of water in rubbermaid tubs isnt really an option so all the tanks are going to be getting massive water changes.

Basically my idea is to get a Rubbermaid tub for each tank fill it with tank water and put the fish in them. Add the canister filters to each one of them to get the water going then move the tanks. Luckily my kitchen and dining room are brick floors so i do have some space to place them inside.

After they are moved one tank Has gravel i want to get rid of the gravel and put in sand (what sand im not sure yet) I want to remove all the gravel put in sand then fill it back up let it settle and then add the filters back and then the fish.

Am I on the right track here?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your on the right track. Thats about how i move my tanks when needed. I would try to save as much water and bacteria as possible being that you want to change the substrate. Substrate change along with a large water change is going to lose some bacteria but i think you'll be fine. Would just try to do everything as fast as possible. Also probably would'nt feed them in the temp. homes. They should be alright for a day or two without food.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts