Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 months ago I removed a 5 inch Yellow Lab, that was bullying my 5" Electric Blue. He had a damaged eye that, unfortunately did not heal. Since then, he stays in one part of tank. I have not seen him eat in at least 3 months. I assume he IS. So yesterday, I notice he is spinning slowly along his long axis, slowly; nonstop. I cannot find any info on this type of spinning. He has no sign of disease. He is not bloated. I just feel so sorry for him. I thought he would be so happy to have the tank to himself.

29 g. Tank. One fish. 5" Electric Blue. Water 0 Ammonia. Nitrite/Nitrate good. Fluval and over-the-back filter.

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
I don't see any visible signs of illness and he actually looks healthy and not emaciated so will guess he is eating. Maybe the loss of the eye has caused him to be vigilant and scanning the tank for other fish?

Are you feeding flake food, pellet or some other type of food? If he usually stays in one area of the tank, maybe try getting some food in that area without scaring him too much.

How does he react when you approach the tank?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is a little shy. But not frightened. He acts like the food falling by him bothers him. Almost like a wretching coughing movement of mouth. He does bump into things. I know he is blind in one eye. But he acts like he can't see at all. Just strange. I give him crushed up Bug Bites, mostly. It's a pellet food. But I crush them so I know they fall close to him. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts