Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and girls :)

I'm going to look at a colony of fronts this weekend. The guy is selling them because he has no more time for them. Sad for him, but very good for me ;)

There are 10 of them, the biggest male is 7".

Will they accept the 6 juvies that are currently in the 125?

There's also 3 syno's coming with them...

I'm adding them to my 125 gallon, and I'm getting the rest of the fish (next to 6 juvie fronts in there already) out of the 125 and relocating them to other tanks.

Now... What is the best way of transporting them? To you American people, an hours drive is probably nothing ;). They are located at about an hour driving distance of my home...

How do I do it best?

Thx for the tips!

Koen

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
here's a few helpful hints: fast large fish for two to three days prior to transport-if you can't fast them-hold them in catch bucket for 5-10 minutes prior to placing in transport bucket and give them 50% fresh water for the trip, buckets work better than bags for big fish, 2-3 litre (of water) per fish is plenty, pack females together if your packaging allows the volume and space, males do better in their own buckets, lids are required-for both jumping and calming, water temp can cool a few degrees-but try to avoid increased heating, match temp and dump once you get them home-but all transport water is for disposal, fast for another 24 hr. before first feeding. HTH

·
Registered
212 Posts
I put mine in big 25 gallon rubbermade tubs, fill them 1/2 full with tank water, drive slowly and try not to spill. Put the lid on to make it dark, but some water will still spill. I moved 10 nice size fronts about an hour and had three in each 25 gallon tub. No problems, except for my car seats getting wet from spillage.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, ... Already some information I can use.

Thx :)

I hope they get along with the juvies in the tank now :)

I'm gonna redecorate the tank for the ones in there now, when putting the others in them with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts