Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to upgrade from an established planted 55g to a 75g tank. Any hints/suggestions/does-donts would be greatly appreciated. I don't have the room to keep both tanks (at least not at this point), and the new tank would go where the current one is located. I plan on saving and reusing as much of the exisitng water as possible. The same for the eco-complete substrate. What kind of cycling time can I look forward to? Current tank as 4 Peruvian Altums, 1 dwarf pleco, and about a dozen total small tetras (neons, glowlights, lemon tetras).

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Drain the water into your choice of containers, net the fish into one container, pull the tank away from the wall, put the new tank in place, move the substrate/plants/filters/etc to the new tank, start adding the water back in from the containers, add the fish, top off with fresh dechlorinated water.

With having a planted tank and keeping the filter media wet with tank water you shouldn't have any kind of cycle if you do it quick enough because all you did was add more water volume not more fish.

Good luck and have fun. :fish:

·
Registered
222 Posts
your water is going to be really cloudy from stirring up your substrate, just plan on that.

+1 on the cycle, you should notice no cycling as long as you keep the filter wet and dont hit it with clorinated water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts