Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the most unique fish out there? cichlids preferably but all other accepted!! i have a couple of green sunfish in a tank ... and my cichlid tank but not much unique in there...

·
Registered
714 Posts
hmmm...not very unique, but I have 4 black kuli loaches. they can tell the weather (when a low pressure front comes in, they go nuts, alerting me of rain...they are actually pretty accurate!) and they also have spikes under their eyes. so I would say they are the most unique fish I have.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Fogelhund said:
I have two fish, that in all probability I am the only person in the world in possession of.....
Well dang, I guess we have a winner :lol:

My most unique fish? My Uaru I guess, nothing very unique about my other fish (in my sig), though my oscar is a character :wink:

·
Registered
714 Posts
fogelhound...are you going to tell us exactly what species these fish are? I'm iching to know. :popcorn:

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Well, they aren't a species at all... a hybridization between Neolamprologus buescheri Gombe, and Neolamprologus nigriventris. :lol: :thumb: :wink:

·
Registered
356 Posts
my most unique is a pumpkinseed sunfish. lives with my big americans and does well. i also have a spotted raphael catfish.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Here's my Uaru, he's not really colorful yet, but hopefully as he grows he'll color up more

And since someone said a spotted raphael was unique, here's mine :p

·
Registered
186 Posts
Rhamphochromis, not a great picture but only one already uploaded on photobucket

·
Registered
766 Posts
irondan said:
my most unique is a pumpkinseed sunfish. lives with my big americans and does well. i also have a spotted raphael catfish.
Neat I used to have some Orange Spotted sunfish, and long eared sunfish, as well as many darters, and many other native fish to Ohio.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow, that pumkinseed sunfish is pretty.

Well, I guess my most unique fish would be my Ctenopoma Acutirostre (the one in my avatar).

Here's a pic of when he was a baby.

And a more recent pic

·
Registered
305 Posts
GTZ said:
L. Caeruleus (Londo Bay)
I have some fish that look just like this, with a iridescent blue tint that comes out occasionally, based on their mood. I accidentally bought them with a bunch of yellow labs; as they grew up I assumed that they were just poorly bred.... now I must read up, because this might be what they are.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
jchild40 said:
I have some fish that look just like this, with a iridescent blue tint that comes out occasionally, based on their mood. I accidentally bought them with a bunch of yellow labs; as they grew up I assumed that they were just poorly bred.... now I must read up, because this might be what they are.
Well, you can start here and let me know what you discover. I'm going by the Ad Konings pic below from www.cichlidae.com/gallery/species.php?s=54 and calling mine Londo Bay whether it's accurate or not, lol.
They were sold as Nkali.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts