Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this will be a fun question.
Haven't had much hands on experience but I would think its either trets or some sorta tropheus.

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
I avoid aggressive fish, so this is just the most aggressive one that comes to mind, but I would say lepiodlamprologus,

·
Registered
505 Posts
For example, this is a group of Tropheus in the wild, feeding harmoniously as a group. Would you call this 'aggressive'?

4bb46adc2f61a.jpg

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
Agree, I don't think of tropheus as aggressive. Many fish are not aggressive when housed properly.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Neolamprologus chrysti is easily the most aggressive Tang that I've kept, and I've kept many of the Lepidiolamprologus types as well.

Neolamprologus obscurus, is also a very aggressive fish.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
I dunno 'bout ya'll, but my money is definitely on this Tanganyikan resident,

Endemic to Lake Tanganyika (and certainly other parts of Africa), Crocodylus niloticus, (Nile Crocodile) is not recommended for keeping by the inexperienced aquarium keeper - nor for actual keeping in aquariums, at all! :roll:
But, if you just HAVE to keep the 'Most Aggressive' Tang.....

https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdf/UW/UW25500.pdf
-
-
A long-time staple of C-f, these (Who's toughest? Meanest?) things have always cracked me up.
In nature, something will always dominate (or just eat) something else. And yes, for my own Tanganyikan BIG BAD I put up? I'm sure there is almost certainly a species of microscopic bacteria or possibly a virus, that would just - EAT THAT BAD BOY ALIVE. :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: skwerl

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't kept a ton a Tang species but for me Neolamprologus cylindricus was easily the most aggressive I've dealt with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts